22 Feb A Guide to The Arts in Marietta, Georgia
Elevate Your Senses in This Undiscovered Art Mecca
Marietta is a city drenched in history and a city with a promising future. A place of culinary pleasure and a shopper’s paradise, Marietta finds its perfect placement just 20 minutes north of Atlanta. The city boasts natural beauty and an expanse of amenities. What many people don’t recognize, though, is its place in the arts community. Follow the guide below to discover a new world of cultural decadence. From art galleries to performing arts, Marietta’s arts district offers every outlet to elevate your senses.
The Marietta Cobb Museum of Art is the only Metropolitan-Atlanta fine arts museum focusing on American Art. MCMA’s permanent collection houses a variety of artworks dating from as early as the 18th century to the present.
The Marietta Cobb Museum of Art is a nonprofit organization dedicated to building community through art. The museum hosts a variety of events, activities, and educational opportunities throughout the year.
Discover continually changing creativity and beauty in one of Marietta’s many fine art galleries. Perfectly curated collections are always present here.
- Avery Gallery – “We perform the highest quality restorations and custom framing as well as a fine art gallery with local and international artists represented.”
- dk Gallery – “Reverently curated, the gallery represents local and national established artists with contemporary fine art pieces that bring joy and excitement to the space.”
- Robert Kent Galleries – “The Gallery offers an array of art by local, regional, national and international artists along with a custom frame shop.”
- The Loft – “The Loft represents more than 20 emerging and established contemporary fine artists in over 2000 square feet of gallery and event space.”
- Muse & Co – “Muse & Co. is a fine art gallery representing the highest quality contemporary and transitional original fine art from emerging and established artists since 2010.”
- Knoke Fine Arts – “For nearly fifty years Knoke Fine Arts has been one of the South’s premier American Fine Art galleries.”
Marietta boasts a show calendar that performing arts fanatics dream about. Find yourself constantly entertained in the presence of these acclaimed organizations.
- Earl and Rachel Smith Strand Theatre – “The Strand Theatre, a noted landmark on the historic Marietta Square in Cobb County, got its start as a major motion picture house in 1935.”
- Marietta’s New Theatre in the Square – ”Marietta’s New Theatre in the Square is a melting pot of cultural experiences, telling stories of Ethnic Americans in our intimate proscenium black box theatre.”
- Atlanta Lyric Theatre – “Atlanta Lyric Theatre is dedicated to producing the best in musical theatre and fostering the growth of the Atlanta theatrical community by showcasing local professional talent.”
- Georgia Metropolitan Dance Theatre – “Ruth Mitchell Dance Theatre (RMDT) was founded by Atlanta dance pioneer Ruth Mitchell in 1956 and is proudly one of Georgia’s oldest non-profit arts organizations.”
- Marietta Theatre Company – “Marietta Theatre Company was founded to entertain the Marietta and Greater Atlanta community through memorable, live-performance experiences.”
- Georgia Symphony Orchestra – “The mission of the Georgia Symphony Orchestra is to enrich our community through accessible, high quality musical and educational experiences that instill a lifelong appreciation for the arts.
Murals & Public Art
Marietta is fortunate to be served by the Marietta Arts Council. Marietta Arts Council, Inc. is a volunteer-based Georgia nonprofit group working in the City of Marietta to enrich the artistic and cultural landscape of the City of Marietta through advocacy, education, and public art. The Marietta Arts Council reveals new public art pieces each year at M2R Trailfest. These murals & more can be found throughout downtown Marietta.
Marietta offers an abundance of weekly, monthly, and annual events that showcase an immense, local love for art. Find these events and many more on our online calendar of events.
- Art Walk – The first Friday of every month the Marietta arts community comes together to celebrate local art on the Marietta Square. Make it an evening out with Marietta’s fine dining and night life.
- Artisan Market – Accompanied by the Marietta Square Farmer’s Market, the Marietta Square Artisan Market takes place every Saturday from 9am until 2pm. Enjoy this open-air showcase of locally-created fine arts and premium hand-crafted goods.
- M2R Trailfest – Trailfest is an annual festival where a variety of art installations are debuted for the Downtown Marietta Area. Pieces include fine art, photography, sculpture, live performance, etc.
- Chalktoberfest – Hosted by the Marietta Cobb Museum of Art, Chalktoberfest is an exciting two-day celebration that combines stunning chalk art and craft beer. Over 80 internationally and nationally recognized artists create chalk pictures on the streets of Marietta.
- Art in the Park – In 2022, this Labor Day weekend tradition will celebrate its 36th year! The three-day juried Fine Art Festival takes place on the historic Marietta Square in Glover Park and attracts over 45,000 guests!
- Art of the Cocktail – In a combination of multiple local talents, Marietta Cobb Museum of Art brings together a craft cocktail from a Marietta bar or brewery with its current fine arts exhibition.
While planning your next art-cation in Marietta, make time to see and do even more. Discover new shops. Find your next favorite dining option. Make it an entire arts weekend and choose from one of many lodging establishments. Discover a new world of art, entertainment, and dining. Elevate your senses in Marietta, GA.